2.3. Resources of academic policy
The academic policy as a set of rules and regulations designed to ensure high quality in the performance of interrelated and interacting processes of the university educational activity. KazNU delivers programs of higher and postgraduate education by levels (bachelor, master's, doctoral, second higher education), using credit technology of education, which main aim is to develop students' self-organization and self-education abilities, based on independent choosing educational paths within the framework of regulated educational process and recorded volume of gained knowledge in the form of credits.
Processes and procedures for delivery of educational programs are ensured by systems of internal and external resources, allowing creating a high-quality environment for achieving the planned learning outcomes that meet qualification requirements for each level of education.
Internal and external resources form the environment in which subjects of educational activity carry it out in the certain system of links, relationships and interactions: student - instructor; program coordinator - employer, customer, and other interested parties.
Internal resources include: faculty human resources; infrastructure; system of interconnected and interacting processes of teaching, research and pedagogical activities; procedures for planning and implementing educational programs into the educational process; learning outcomes assessment policy; procedures for assessing the quality of learning outcomes based on measurability of their indicators; internal quality assessment procedures; information and technological support of all procedures.
Internal resources allow to build up the concept of the university’s educational activity: qualification requirements should be described on the basis of Dublin descriptors in the system of expected learning outcomes, achievement of which must be ensured by the present-day scientific content of educational programs. Planning and delivery of these programs should be put into practice by using the methodology of educational process organization, which is based on modern technological and methodological priorities, as well as by using the methodology of assessment of the achieved results.
The academic policy is aimed at ensuring the quality functioning of all processes and procedures that support educational process. The most important procedures aimed at ensuring the quality implementation of educational programs are:
1. Recruiting of faculty members capable of providing guaranteed quality of education due to:
- level of scientific qualification,
- maturity of conceptual views on the essence of modern professional education;
- ability to use modern teaching methodologies within the framework of their specialty;
- ability to generate and transfer new teaching technologies into the sphere of personal professional activity.
2. Development of the system for planning, implementing and monitoring the quality of educational programs, their information and technological provision, based on the principles determined by the mission and strategy of the university:
- continuous monitoring of the level of quality and of implementation of actions aimed at increasing this level;
- involvement of students in quality assessment procedures;
- involvement of employers, representatives of professional associations and scientific communities, and independent experts into the pool of subjects, who assess the quality of education;
- transparency of quality assessment procedures and informed decision-making based on the analysis of complete and objective information.
3. Creation of educational and methodical resources for establishing of educational environment and implementation of various types of educational activities, aimed at achieving learning outcomes, within this environment.
The content, forms and functions of educational procedures and their interaction are regulated and supported by the system of internal educational and methodological documentation, which is an integral part of the academic policy.
External resources for delivery of educational programs include:
- legislative and regulatory documents of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- The Magna Carta of European Universities, the European Qualifications Framework (Dublin Descriptors), the International and National Classifications of Occupations;
- all declarations, conventions, communiqués adopted at different meetings and conferences by members of the Bologna Agreement, aimed at developing and improving relations within the European educational space.
Academic Policy of al-Farabi KazNU was compiled on the basis of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Education” (№ 319-III dated July 27, 2007 as amended by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 02.07.18. № 170-VI LRK), the Model Rules for the Activities of Educational Organizations Delivering Higher and Postgraduate Education Programs (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 595 of October 30, 2018), Compulsory State Standards of Higher and Postgraduate Education (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 604 of 10.31.2018), Rules for organization of the educational process using credit technology (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 152 of 20.04.2011., With amendments № 563 of 10.12.2018 d.), the Model Rules on admission for study in educational institutions delivering educational programs of higher and postgraduate education (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 600 dated 10.31.2018) and other regulatory acts of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as internal regulatory documents of the university.