1.4. University development strategy
Development strategy of al-Farabi Kazakh National University for 2017-2021 was created in 2017. The university development strategy includes its mission, vision, priority development areas, strategic goals and objectives of the university for 2017-2021 (http://www.kaznu.kz/ru/14960/page/).
The goal of the university is to enter the TOP-200 leading research universities in the world and become a locomotive of progressive economic, social and cultural transformations in the society.
- transformation from a traditional type national university to a world-class research university;
- integration of education, science and innovation;
- establishment of the University of 4.0 model;
- ensuring high quality education for future success of students and formation of a competitive body of educational programs;
- educating graduates with high personal and professional qualities that meet requirements of the labor market.
The university's activities are aimed at accomplishment of the following objectives:
- formation of the human capacity for innovative sectors of the economy;
- launching of innovative educational programs that are necessary for the country's economy;
- enrollment of international students, development of academic mobility programs for students, faculty members and staff, and promotion of global educational standards for the international recognition of diplomas;
- diversification of financial activities, and commitment to the multichannel financing;
- integration of research elements into all educational programs, and creation of modern infrastructure for the large-scale interdisciplinary research;
- participation in multidisciplinary international research networks aimed at solving global problems of humankind;
- modernization of the university infrastructure for advanced research and active involvement of young people in scientific, educational and innovative activities.