2.26. Transfer to vacant educational grants
2.26.1. Vacant educational grants, which have been released during the process of providing higher education, distributed by educational programs, would be awarded on competitive basis to students, studying on the tuition fee basis on the corresponding programs.
2.26.2. The competition is conducted, based on the results of intermediate attestation, with issuance of educational grant certificates.
2.26.3. Information about vacant educational grants, released after intermediate attestation of students, is posted by the Student's Office in the UNIVER system and on the University website immediately after summing up results of the intermediate attestation.
2.26.4. In the case of identical scores of the average GPA, in the competition for vacant educational grants students with only A, A- ("excellent") grades have preferential rights, then those, who have grades from A, A- ("excellent") to B+, B, B- ("good") for the entire period of study, would be considered.
2.26.5. Vacant educational grants, released in the process of obtaining higher education, are awarded on the competitive basis during summer and winter holidays, based on available vacant places, in the following manner:
- the student, studying on the tuition fee basis, submits to the dean of the faculty an application addressed to the rector of the university for further study on the basis of educational grant;
- the university, having considered this application on the competitive basis, together with the decision of the Academic Senate of the University, forwards it for a decision to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan until August 5 / January 15 of the current year. The student’s application and decision of the Academic Senate are accompanied by an extract from the student’s record book or his/her transcript, a copy of his identity document, and the certificate of the educational grant holder (original), who was expelled from the university;
- information about candidates for awarding vacant educational grants is posted in the UNIVER system and on the University website;
- The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan considers the received documents according to educational programs, forms and terms of study, taking into account the year of enrollment, and upon positive decision issues the order for awarding of the educational grant;
- based on the order, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan issues the certificate of awarded educational grant;
- information about applicants from KazNU students, who were awarded vacant educational grants by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, is placed in the UNIVER system and on the University website for attention of all interested persons;
- based on the issued certificate of the award of educational grant, the rector issues the order for further study on the educational grant basis.