The Laboratory of KazNU on Phytochemistry in the International Karachi Center (Pakistan)
Year of foundation: 2015
Main scientific activities: The Laboratory of KazNU on Phytochemistry in the International Karachi Center (Pakistan) - Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology of Modern Phytopharmaceuticals and Drug Delivery Systems is engaged in advanced fundamental research to develop safe and effective phytopreparations against diseases prevailing in the region based on local raw materials and knowledge. The Center is also working on projects to develop herbal products for the local and global pharmaceutical market.
1. Development of the national potential of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of the discovery and development of herbal medicines against various diseases.
2. Work towards national self-sufficiency in the pharmaceutical sector, through the use of local resources, knowledge and scientific potential of the two countries (Kazakhstan and Pakistan).
3. Carrying out of researches for creation of medical products and preparations for diagnostics of the diseases having economic and social importance.
4. Development of phytopharmaceutical and nutraceutical preparations based on natural raw materials of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5. Development of drug delivery systems based on hydrophilic polymers.
6. Development of the industrial sector of production of pharmaceuticals and other plant products.
7. Training of young scientists working in the field of plant-based modern phytopharmaceuticals and drug delivery systems.
The international cooperation: The research papers are published jointly in international journals. The biological, toxicological and pharmacological screenings on natural products will be carried out both in Pakistan and Kazakhstan. Obtained results will be patented jointly in both countries and abroad. The Laboratory of KazNU on Phytochemistry in the International Karachi Center (Pakistan) will exchange lists of important medicinal plant of their countries as well as information about major areas of present and proposed research, with obtained results of collaborative research.
Contact details of the head of the Center:
Professor Muhammad Iqbal Chaudhary - Director of the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences of the University of Karachi: Karachi - 75270, Pakistan, e-mail: email@example.com