Project Reference: 598506-EPP-1-2018-1-PT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Start 15-11-2018 - End: 14-11-2021
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Capacity Building in higher education Website: www.erasmus-enter.org
DEscriptION OF THE PROJECT
ENTER aims at creating a novel multicultural and international approach for formal post-graduate professional and pedagogical education for engineering educators. Focused on low cost and convenience, thus strongly based on e-learning technologies, whenever feasible, and designed with the objective of being internationally recognized and accredited.
ENTER wants to go further than existing offers, offering the possibility of customization and adaptation to educators and HEIs’ needs (e.g. national or regional context) and cover multiple areas of engineering. The ENTER collaborative/network approach, focused on HEIs and educators’ needs (low cost, convenience, mutual recognition, peerreviewed quality assurance, customization), aims to greatly increase the number of engineering educators enrolled in pedagogical and professional improvement programs. This will have a profound impact in the quality of engineering education, first on ENTER member HEIs, but later on all EU. ENTER governance model and aims, to be defined during the project, will also focus on openness and excellence. The mechanisms will be defined for the seamless addition of new members and rigorous peer-review quality control will be enforced.
i-PET programme accreditation is also one of the project’s main objectives.
We foresee 3 educational programs with different content and duration:
- iPET-1 Short-focused (e.g. 2 ECTS) – “Qualification Development” Certificate;
- iPET-2 Professional Retraining (e.g. 8 ECTS) – Diploma ‘’Higher Education Teacher”;
- iPET-3 International recognized (e.g. 20 ECTS) – a full programme leading to international accreditation as “Engineering Educator”.
Programmes have modular structure, i.e. modules of iPET-1 are included in iPET-2, and both are included in iPET-3. This provides a sustainable improvement path that educators can walk at their own pace. It will also be possible for the educators to combine modules from different ENTER network members.
The main idea of this ENTER project is to build capacity of Engineering HEIs due to strengthening of Engineering teachers Preparation with Innovative kind of Engineering Pedagogy.
LIST OF PARTNERS
1. INSTITUTO POLITECNICO DO PORTO - established in Portugal
2. DTI UNIVERSITY - established in Slovakia
3. TALLINN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY - established in Estonia
4. NATIONAL RESEARCH TOMSK POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY - established in Russian Federation
5. KAZAN NATIONAL RESEARCH TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY - established in Russian Federation
6. TAMBOV STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY - established in Russian Federation
7. DON STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY- established in Russian Federation
8. ASSOCIATION FOR ENGINEERING EDUCATION OF RUSSIA - established in Russian Federation
9. AL-FARABI KAZAKH NATIONAL UNIVERSITY - established in Kazakhstan
10. ACADEMICIAN E. A. BUKETOV KARAGANDA STATE UNIVERSITY- established in Kazakhstan
11. KAZAKHSTAN ASSOCIATION OF ENGINEERING EDUCATION - established in Kazakhstan
12. VYATKA STATE UNIVERSITY - established in Russian Federation
13. AGENCY OF EDUCATIONAL STRATEGIES AND INITIATIVES BOLOGNA CLUB - established in Russian Federation