Transition of students from fee-paying basis to free tuition
The procedure for awarding the vacant educational grants which were released in the process of getting a higher education
The vacant educational grants which were released in the process of getting a higher education, from the perspectives of speciality, are adjudged on a competitive basis to the students who study on a fee-paying basis in current speciality. The competition is held in accordance with the results of midterm assessment with an issuance of educational grants certificate.
In case of common indicators of GPA, the students who get A, A- ("excellent"), the grades from A, A- ("excellent") to B+, B, B-("good") have a priority right an entire period of studying during the competition for the vacant educational grants.
The award of vacant educational grants which were released in the process of getting a higher education are carried out during the summer and winter holidays on the available vacant positions on a competitive basis as follows:
1) a student who studies on a fee-paying basis submits an application addressed to university executives for further studying on educational grant;
2) the university after considering current application on a competitive basis, directs this application to the education authority for decision making, together with the decision of the Academic Council not later than August 5 and January 15 of the current year. A Student Report Summary of Academic Records or Student's Transcript, copy of personal identity document, and copy of the owner of the educational grant certificate (original version), expelled from the university, are attached to the student's application together with the decision of the Academic Council;
3) an authority in the field of education considers the submitted documents in the context of specialities, forms and periods of studying, taking into account the year of acceptance to the university, and issues an order on awarding educational grants in case of positive decision on matters an order;
4) the certificate of educational grant is issued on the basis of the order of an authority in the field of education;
5) the university executive issues an order for further studying on educational grant on the basis of the certificate issued on the award of an educational grant.