Faculty History

In 1948 the Faculty of History of KazSU converted from department to a separate Faculty. At the origin of its formation were academics A.M. Pankratova, S.N. Pokrovsky, corresponding member of the Kazakh SSR, doctor of historical sciences, professor E.B. Bekmakhanov. At the same year was the first graduation of historians in an amount of 18 people. During the first years on the faculty worked ten people and 300 students, then today employs more than 80 teachers, including 27 doctors and 40 candidates of historical sciences and 2 Dr. PhD. Established and successfully operate the scientific school of professors T.O. Omarbekov, K.T. Zhumagulov, K.S. Karazhan, J.C. Taimagambetov, K.M. Atabayev, W.H. Shalekenov, A.T.Toleubayev.

Faculty provides training in the three-step system: Bachelor, Master and Doctor PhD. By 2013, the faculty prepared more than 10,000 students, hundreds of undergraduates and 7 PhD. Many representatives of the scientific, political and business elite, who work in different parts of Kazakhstan are graduates of the faculty. Specialist who graduated from the Faculty of History, Archeology and Ethnology acquires a wide range of fundamental knowledge in the field of history, archeology, political science, and culture. Knowledge of foreign languages ​​and the possibility of wide contacts during their studies allow students to find interesting and challenging work. Graduates of the faculty demand not only in education and science, but also in diplomatic and administrative work, Armed forces and law-enforcement bodies affairs, National Security Committee, etc.