History of faculty
The history of the Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science originated in 1947, when the Department of Psychology and Logic was organized, and then in 1949 the philosophical and economic faculties opened. The organizer of the Faculty of Philosophy was a graduate of the Institute of the Red Professorship Associate Professor N.P. Dardykin.
In 1951 the philosophical and economic faculties were merged into the philosophical and economic faculty, which was headed by Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor F.A. Zherebyatyev.
The Faculty of Philosophy and Economics was functioning until 1954 and was closed due to the fact that the prerogative of preparing philosophical personnel was given only to leading universities: Moscow, Leningrad and Kiev State Universities. The graduates of the Faculty of Philosophy (1954 and 1955) became a generation of professional philosophers of the Kazakh school; it was their efforts in promoting the actual problems of philosophical knowledge. The next years the new faculties were organized: Psychology, Political Science, and Sociology. In1991 the Philosophy - Economic faculty were transformed into two faculties - the Philosophy and Political Science faculty and the Economy and Sociology faculty. In 1997 the branch of Sociology was a part of the Philosophy and Political Science.
Department of pedagogy and psychology (1964)
Among the first graduates of faculty - Academic of NAS of Republic Kazakhstan, Doctor of Philosophy Abdildin Z.M., Doctor of Philosophy, professor Kasymzhanov A.K., Academic of NAS RK, Doctor of Economics Aubakirov Y.A., Sagadiev K.A., Doctor of Philosophy, professor Azhenov M.M., professor Temirbekov S.T. and others.
The founders of the Kazakhstan psychological, philosophical and political sciences: T.T.Tazhibaeva, A.K. Kasymzhanova, T.K. Mustafina entered in history of faculty with the Gold Letters. Three lecture-halls of the faculty have names of these remarkable scientists-teachers. Professors N.A. Aitov, K.K. Rakhmatullin, M.S. Orynbekov made a great contribution to the development of the faculty.
Students and teachers of filosofsko-economic faculty (1980)
In different years the Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science was headed by professors, Ph.D. in Philosophy Segizbaev OA, Kasymzhanov AH, Azhenov MS, Kasabekov AK, Doctor of Psychology, Professor Loginova NA. The Deans of the Faculty were Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor Burkhanov KN. (deputy of the Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and Doctor of Philosophy, professor, Academician of NAS RK G. Yesim (deputy of the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan). From 2007 to 2010 The faculty was supervised by Doctor of Sociological Sciences, Professor Shaukenova Z.K. From 2010 to 2011 The faculty was headed by Doctor of Philosophy, Professor A.T. Kulsarieva. From 2011 onwards, Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science is Doctor of Philosophy, Professor A. Masalimova.
Deans of the faculty:
1998-1999 doctor of political sciences, professor Burkhanov Kamal Nizamovich - deputy of Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan
2001-2007 Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor Garifolla Yesim is a member of the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
2007-2010 - Shaukenova Zarema Kaukenovna, Doctor of Sociology, Professor.
2010-2011 - Kulsarieva Aktolkyn Turlukanovna, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor.
Teachers of faculty of philosophy and political science (1992)
The staff of the Philosophy and Political Science faculty are willing to realize high creative potential, the responsibility, devoted to their profession and the University.
Now the Strategy of development and modernization of the Philosophy and Political science faculty is aimed at preparation of educated proffesionals.