ABDIBEKOV UALIKHAN SEYDILDAEVICH
Abdibekov Ualikhan Seidildaevich
Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor, Academician, member of the Presidium of the NIA RK, Chairman of the Department of Computing and Information Technologies of the NIA RK
He worked as Dean of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics from 2010 to 2012.
In 1960, he was born in the village of Tasty, South Kazakhstan region.
In 1967-1977, he received secondary education at the secondary school of the village of Kornilovka in South Kazakhstan region and at the Republican Physics and Mathematics School in Almaty, from which he graduated in 1977.
In 1982, he graduated from the Faculty of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics of S.M. Kirov KazGU with a degree in Mechanics.
In 1990, he defended his PhD thesis.
In 2003, he defended his doctoral dissertation on the topic "Numerical modeling of inhomogeneous turbulent flows".
- Work experience
In 1982 he graduated from the Faculty of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics of S.M. Kirov Kazakh State University with a degree in Mechanics.
From 1982 to 1990 he worked at the KazNII Energetiki as an engineer, junior researcher.
In 1990 he defended his PhD thesis and joined the Institute of Geography of the Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh SSR as a senior researcher, and then head of the Laboratory of Mathematical Modeling.
In 1995, he was invited to work at the Institute of Mathematics of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan as a leading researcher at the Laboratory of Applied Hydrodynamics.
In 2002-2010 he worked as Acting Head of the Department of Computer and Computing Technologies of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
Since 2002, he has been the chief researcher of the Research Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
From 2010 to 2012, Dean of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
From 2012 to 2013, Vice-Rector of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
From 2013 to 2018, Rector of MKTU named after K.A. Yassaui.
Since 2018, Professor of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
- Awards and incentives
Winner of the state grant “The best university teacher for 2007”.
In 2009, he was awarded the medal “For Merits in the development of science of the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
In 2011 - received a medal “Eren enbegi ushin”.
Winner of the state grant “The best university teacher for 2011".
In 2012, he was awarded the medal "20 years of the Military Force of the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
In 2014, he was awarded the medal “Honorary Engineer of Kazakhstan".
In 2015, he was awarded the medal "20 years of the Assembly of Peoples of the Republic of Kazakhstan".
- Scientific activity
The scientific activity of U.S. Abdibekov is connected with the study of turbulence problems in the presence of external forces. He developed semi-empirical turbulence models for stratified and MHD-conducting media, built turbulence models that take into account the influence of centrifugal forces, proposed effective numerical methods for solving equations of mathematical physics, as well as various models and methods of hydrodynamic processes, turbulent impurity transfer in a stratified medium, widely used in solving various environmental problems. Scientific research relates to the theory of turbulence, mathematical modeling and the organization of high-performance computing.
Abdibekov U.S. is the author of about 100 publications in peer-reviewed journals, scientific publications of the CIS and abroad (including journals with a high impact factor), 2 monographs and 1 textbook. Under his leadership, 5 candidates of physical and mathematical sciences, 5 PhD doctors in mathematics defended themselves.
- Management of scientific projects and programs
1. Russian-Kazakh International program "Environmental Problems of the Baikonur Cosmodrome", funded by Rosaviakos. (2000-2002)
2. ISTC K-424 project on the Aral Sea Environmental Program (2002-2005). US State Department
3. Project on fundamental research and development "Development of the method of large vortices for hydrodynamic problems using parallel computing technologies and their applications to environmental problems" (2003-2005)
4. The project of the Ministry of Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the development of computer technology and software products to solve the problems of environmental safety of the oil industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan. (2002-2005)
5. Development of mathematical models of transformation and distribution of rocket fuel combustion products and its components in the atmosphere over the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the most common types of weather in Kazakhstan. (2004)
6. Development by mathematical modeling of heat and mass transfer processes corresponding to both model and real conditions of thermal diffusion in terrestrial conditions and in microgravity. (2005)
7. Development of mathematical models and software complexes for predicting dynamic processes in the stratosphere, mesosphere and in the ionosphere E-layer (Quasi-hydrodynamic approach) (2005-2007)
8. Development of the Linux operating system adapted for Kazakhstan (2006)
9. Creation of an environmental safety system of the Republic of Kazakhstan based on space monitoring and information technologies for urbanized and industrial territories of the Republic of Kazakhstan. (2005-2007)
10. Development of mathematical models and numerical methods for calculating turbulent flows based on the method of large vortices (LES) (2006-2008)
11. Development of information technologies for solving environmental problems of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2007-2009)
12. Mathematical modeling of the process of obtaining new materials and nanostructures in microgravity. (2009)
13. Development of mathematical models for solving turbulence problems based on the ensemble-averaged Navier-Stokes equations with the implementation of the large vortex method (2009-2011)
14. Development of methods and algorithms for high-performance computing with data specification and verification on cluster systems for creating parallel computing programs using OpenMP directives and MPI procedures. (2009-2011)
15. To develop scientific and methodological foundations for improving PhD educational programs in the context of the continuity of postgraduate education (2009-2011)