SMAGULOV SHALTAY SMAGULOVICH
Smagulov Shaltay Smagulovich
Scientist-mathematician, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor, laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Academician of the Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
He worked as Dean of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics from 2001 to 2003.
In 1949, he was born in a fishing village on the shore of Lake Balkhash.
In 1972 he graduated from the Kazakh State University named after S. M. Kirov.
In 1976 he completed postgraduate studies at the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mathematics of the SB Academy of Sciences of the USSR.
- Work experience
In 1976- 1983 worked as a researcher until at the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mathematics of the SB Academy of Sciences of the USSR
In 1984 he was transferred to the head of the Department of Differential Equations of KazGU.
From 1984 to 2001 — Head of the Department of Applied Analysis.
From 1996 to 2001 he worked as the director of the Scientific Research Institute "Mechanics and Mathematics" of Al-Farabi Kazakh State University.
From 2001 to 2003 — Dean of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
- Awards and incentives
In 1994, he was awarded the State Prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan for a series of scientific papers “Numerical modeling of fluid and gas dynamics”, “Theory and computational experiment”.
- Scientific activity
S. S. Smagulov is an outstanding scientist, teacher, organizer of science and education. He created a scientific school in the field of computational mathematics and mathematical modeling. He made a great contribution to the creation of economical numerical methods for solving the Navier—Stokes equations. He proved for the first time the correctness of the initial boundary value problem for nonlinear degenerate equations of magnetic hydrodynamics, proposed a new numerical method for solving equations of viscous incompressible fluid in the variables current function - vortex, obtained fundamental results in the substantiation and application of the method of fictitious domains.
Under his leadership, more than 50 candidate's and 10 doctoral dissertations on topical problems of computational and applied mathematics were defended. He has published more than 120 scientific papers.
- General work
S. S. Smagulov was the chairman of the dissertation council for the defense of doctoral dissertations, he made a significant contribution to the creation of a system of training qualified scientific and engineering personnel in the republic.
With the support of Rector Academician Mutanov Galymkair Mutanovich, with the direct participation of the current Dean of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics Dauren Zhakebaev and with the sponsorship of the family, students and the Alumni Association of S. S. Smagulov, on December 12, 2020, the opening of lecture hall No. 324 named after a prominent statesman and public figure, Professor Smagulov Humpty Smagulovich took place.
- DISSERTATIONS DEFENDED UNDER THE SCIENTIFIC SUPERVISIONOF S.S. SMAGULOV
- Danaev N.T. Effective methods of numerical solution of hydrodynamic equations in complex areas. Almaty, 1994.
- Zhumagulov B.T. Mathematical models and filtration of inhomogeneous fluid and their application in computer technologies for oil fields. Bishkek, 1997.
- Orunkhanov M.K. Method of fictitious domains for hydrodynamic problems with inhomogeneous boundary conditions. Almaty, 2001.
- Rysbayuly B. Stability and convergence of numerical methods for Navier-Stokes equations. Almaty, 2001.
- Temirbekov N.M. Numerical modeling of hydrodynamic problems in complex areas.Almaty, 2001.
- Iskenderova J.A. Solvability of degenerate equations of magnetic gas dynamics and temperature model of inhomogeneous liquid. Bishkek, 2001
- Kuttykozhaeva Sh.N. Mathematical modeling of hydrodynamic problems by the method of fictitious domains. Almaty, 2006.
- Mukhambetzhanov S.T. Approximate methods for solving problems of filtration theory taking into account mass transfer processes. Almaty, 2007.
- Mukimbekov M.J. Computer modeling of applied problems of oil production. Almaty, 2010.
- Chalgynbayev K.D. On the solvability of boundary value problems for the ocean dynamics model. Alma-Ata, 1985.
- Dzhaikbaev A.M. On the solvability and approximation of some equations of a viscous incompressible fluid. Novosibirsk State University, 1988.
- Zhanasbayeva U.B. Estimates of difference solutions for some viscous gas models. Alma-Ata, 1989.
- Izteleuov M.I. Forced and natural convection of a viscous incompressible fluid in complex regions and with a phase transition. Alma-Ata, 1989.
- Zhumagulov B.T. Numerical methods for solving the Navier-Stokes equation in a multiconnected domain. Alma-Ata, 1990.
- Temirbekov N.M. Numerical simulation of viscous fluid flow through porous media. Alma-Ata, 1990.
- Iskenderova Zh.A. Solvability of some non-linear problems of continuum mechanics. Alma-Ata, 1990.
- Dairbaeva G.M. Approximate methods for solving boundary value problems for models of inhomogeneous fluid. Alma-Ata, 1990.
- Bykadorova O.V. Investigation of differential boundary value problems of hydrodynamics by the method of fractional powers of operators. Novosibirsk, 1990.
- Esekeeva M. Meshes in regularized problems of multiphase filtration. Alma-Ata, 1990.
- Naizabaeva L. On some methods of solving problems of the theory of nonlinear waves. Alma-Ata, 1991.
- Baysuyeuovage.N. Difference schemes for viscous gas equations with cylindrical and spherical symmetry. Alma-Ata, 1991.
- Isaev S.A. Small parameters in hydrodynamic equations. Alma-Ata, 1991.
- Imanbaev K.S. Solvability of boundary value problems for some Navier-Stokes type equations. Almaty, 1992.
- Baigelov K. Optimization of some models of electric power systems and biological communities. Almaty, 1992.
- Berniyazov J.E. Correctness and approximation of some problems of magnetic gas. Alma-Ata, 1992.
- Askarova Zh. Numerical solution of the diffusion equations of a three-component gas mixture. Almaty, 1993.
- Mukhambetzhanov A.T. Difference embedding theorems and their applications. Novosibirsk State University, 1993.
- Alibiev D.B. On some iterative methods for the Navier-Stokes equation in variables "current function and velocity vortex". Almaty, 1994.
- Baymukhanov A. Boundary value problems of a hydrostatic model of an inhomogeneous fluid. Almaty, 1995.
- Kazybaev A. Approximate methods for solving equations of electromagnetic gas dynamics. Bishkek, 1996.
- Mausymbekova S.D. Numerical modeling of orographic obstacle flow, cloud formation and precipitation. Almaty, 1996.
- Yesekeev K.B. Solvability of some problems of dynamics of inhomogeneous fluids. Almaty, 1997.
- Abilmazhinova B. Investigation of nonlinear heat and mass transfer systems and optimal control. Almaty, 1997.
- Utemaganbetov Z.S. Some numerical methods for solving differential equations. Almaty, 1997.
- Abirov A. Correctness of the Stefan problem with convective heat transfer. Almaty, 1997.
- Kaupynbaev D.T. The method of fictitious regions for the model of natural convection in multi-connected regions. Almaty, 1998.
- Durmagambetov A.A. Multidimensional inverse problem of quantum scattering theory. Almaty, 1998.
- Ermekova, D.A. On one approach to solving the phase problem of scattering theory. Almaty, 1998.
- Sagindykov B.J. Solvability and e-approximation of a temperature model of an inhomogeneous liquid. Almaty, 1999.
- Tazabekov M.N. Development of a computer system for optimal design and management of trunk oil pipelines. Almaty, 1999.
- Ilyasheva G.N. Modeling of one-dimensional inverse problem in seismic exploration. Karaganda, 1999.
- Kuttykozhaeva Sh.N. Mathematical modeling of boundary conditions for the pressure of the Navier-Stokes equations using the method of fictitious domains. Kokshetau, 1999.
- Musiralieva Sh.Zh. Numerical modeling and adaptation of two-phase filtration models. Almaty, 2000.
- Saltanova G.A. Scattering problems for the Stokes equation. Almaty, 2000.
- Krykpaeva A.A. Application and justification of the method of fictitious domains for some problems of inhomogeneous fluids. Shymkent, 2002.
- Urmashev B.A. Iterative algorithms for solving auxiliary grid Navier-Stokes equations for incompressible fluid in variables "velocity, pressure". Almaty, 2001.
- Abdramanova M.B. Mathematical modeling of the process of oil displacement by steam. Almaty, 2001.
- Mukimbekov M.Zh. Mathematical modeling and information technologies in the development of oil and gas deposits. Almaty, 2001.
- Aruova A.B. On approximate solution of linear and nonlinear equations by variational methods. Almaty, 2001.
- Sherkeshbaeva B.K. Investigation of the –generalized solution and –approximation of some models of hydrodynamics. Aktobe. 2001.
- Baldybek J.A. Method of fictitious and augmented domains for boundary value problems of hydrodynamics. Almaty, 2002.
- Tungatarov N.N. Convergent difference schemes for the equations of electro-gas dynamics. Almaty, 2002.
- Magzumova E.M. Correct pressure approximations of the magnetic hydrodynamics model. Shymkent, 2002.
- Baitulenov Zh.B. Correctness and approximation of models of inhomogeneous fluid.Almaty, 2002.
- Dzhomartova Sh.A. Development and application of interval analysis methods for technical systems. Almaty, 2002.
- Azamatov Zh.S. Computer modeling of multiphase filtration problems in the development of oil fields. Almaty, 2002.
- Baymirov K.M. Numerical simulation of filtration of a two-phase incompressible fluid taking into account capillary forces. Almaty, 2002.
- Tukenova L.M. Convergent difference schemes for boundary value problems of oceanology equations. Almaty, 2002.
- Seilkhanova R.B. --approximation of models of hydrodynamics and modification of the method of fictitious domains. Almaty, 2003.
- Akzhalova A.J. Restoration of parameters of mathematical models of oil displacement processes. Almaty, 2003.
- Azhikhanov N.T. Application of the finite element method in filtration problems with a non-local boundary condition. Almaty, 2003.
- Shyganakov N. Numerical study of oil displacement problems with water taking into account mass transfer processes. Almaty, 2003.