The purpose of the study program is to prepare highly qualified scientific and pedagogical personnel capable of research and innovative psychological and pedagogical activities based on an in-depth study of the methodology of psychological and pedagogical science, as well as system knowledge, competencies and methodology of related scientific fields and digital technologies capable of creating conceptual knowledge, developing science, reasonably presented to experts through scientific discussions at the international level, using their working language.
The program is aimed at developing a professional personality of a specialist who is able to:
- to find, formulate and analyze topical problems of comparative education, by conducting high-level scientific research that meets the requirements of peer review in this field of scientific knowledge;
- to think conceptually, to develop the structure and content of new scientific projects in current areas of pedagogy and psychology;
- program and design their professional activities; make plans, anticipate its results; to recognize and justify the professional and pedagogical actions performed, to transfer scientific and pedagogical knowledge to a new situation.
This educational program is based on an analysis of the curricula of leading universities in the world. The structure of the educational doctoral program contains two equivalent components: educational and scientific. Invited competent foreign specialists are involved in the implementation of the programs. The educational program is built on a modular basis based on the competence approach.
- think conceptually, to develop the structure and content of new scientific projects in current areas of pedagogy and psychology; to design a methodological apparatus of research, select and apply the methods of the sciences being studied for solving research problems; possess the pedagogical experiment methodology, design models for describing and predicting various phenomena on the basis of a systematic and in-depth analysis, and carry out their qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- to design and expertly evaluate school and university educational programs, textbooks and educational documentation, the content of education in general, evaluate individual problems of reforming secondary and higher education in Kazakhstan, and make recommendations for deepening secondary and higher education reform;
- apply modern psychological theories for intervention in education, identify the problems of the individual in the context of its spiritual, social and individual life, assess the possibilities of intervention in solving the vital problems of the individual and special education;
- program and design their own professional psycho-pedagogical activities, expertly evaluate the activities of the psychological services of educational organizations; make plans, anticipate its results; to realize and justify the professional and pedagogical actions performed, to transfer scientific and pedagogical knowledge to a new situation;
- to scientifically analyze the socially significant problems of society in conjunction with the processes in education, make meaningful conclusions and generalizations, to own academic writing skills, select the methods of scientific research, own comparative pedagogical competences;
- to find, formulate and analyze current problems of comparative education, educational policy, including on the basis of historical and comparative analysis of the development of education in the countries of the world, and offer scientific recommendations for their solution;
- to design activities for the preparation of solutions aimed at ensuring the effectiveness of the education system, improving the quality of education, design testing technologies in the field of education and testing cards in the field of education;
- to plan the use of qualimetric assessments and possess qualimetric competence, at the professional level to perform management functions within the framework of their position and solve professional problems in the interests of the educational organization as a whole, to possess administrative and analytical competences;
- be creatively realized in the broad sphere of professional activity, be aware of the social significance of their profession, have a high motivation to perform their professional duties, a responsible attitude to work, and a developed sense of civic and professional duty;
- critically analyze, summarize and systematize psychological and pedagogical information, set research goals and choose the best ways and methods to achieve them;
- develop, promote and implement new psychological and pedagogical knowledge and research and training methods, strategies and technologies of innovative scientific and educational activities;
- demonstrate an understanding of the socio-ethical values of education and science, based on traditions and social norms, based on them in their professional activities; comply with business ethics, possess ethical and legal standards of conduct; to be tolerant to the traditions and culture of other nations of the world; use adequate methods of effective interaction with people of different socio-economic, racial, ethical and professional groups, people of all ages and lifestyles