The Centre was established in cooperation with the “Astana International Financial Centre” and Hamad Bin Khalifa University, College of Islamic Studies, Qatar.
The purpose of the Centre is jointly training international level specialists and developing Islamic finance education not only in Kazakhstan. The educational programs are developed in cooperation with Islamic financial institutes and organizations of the country, and the international certification qualification program was integrated into educational program.
The centre has been awarded as the Best Emerging Islamic Finance Education Provider 2020 by prestigious international the Global Islamic Finance Awards (GIFA) for contribution to excellence in Islamic finance.
The international research activity is one of the priority areas of the Centre, famous professors from Qatar, Indonesia, Oman and Malaysia do supervision for PhD researches and jointly carry out relevant research in the field of Islamic finance and economics. Center is First postgraduate programs in Islamic Finance provider.
Al-Farabi KazNU Islamic Finance
Scientific and Educational Centre:
- Master’s program in Islamic Finance
- PhD program in Islamic Finance
- Distance education programs, online courses for stan-countries
- Short-term programs, mid-term courses
- Trainings for local specialists of financial sector by BCPD of AIFC, IFQ of CISI, AAOIFI
- Visiting foreign professors for face to face education in KazNU
- Scientific and Research projects in collaboration with leading Universities (Qatar, Oman, Indonesia)
- Academic mobility for masters and PhDs in partner Universities
- Dual degree program KazNU-HBKU – MSc (under developing)
- Cooperative response to the challenges of financial technology jointly with traiding-center.kz