Information about internship
To the attention of graduates of undergraduate medical schools!
The Higher School of Medicine of the Faculty of Medicine and Healthcare of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University continues to accept internship in the specialties "General Medicine", "Dentistry" for the 2021-22 academic year.
- · Currently, al-Farabi Kazakh National University occupies the 175th place in the prestigious rating of the British agency QS World University Rankings and the diploma of al-Farabi Kazakh National University is recognized in the world educational space!
- · Student-oriented Educational program based on international requirements for medical education (standards of the Accreditation Council for Graduate medical Education (ACGME) and the World Federation of Medical Education - WFME (World Federation of Medical Education) - Global Standards for Quality Improvement in Medical Education
- · The training will be held in three languages (Kazakh, Russian, English, respectively, the enrollment is in three languages of instruction) using information resources in English (Up-to-Date, Amboss, Lectorium, textbooks of leading medical schools in the United States and Great Britain).
- · The teaching staff consists of the best teachers of Kazakhstan who have been trained abroad, speak English, and use only advanced teaching technologies!
Acceptance of documents is open until August 25, 2021, at the address: Almaty, Al-Farabi KazNU campus, Keremet Student Service Center.
The cost of training - 780 000 tenge per year for Republic of Kazakhstan citizens, prepaid 50% (390 000 tenge).
For additional questions please call +7 775 259 22 99.
Frequently asked Questions:
Internship form of study?
– the form of training is cyclical (or in other words - modular). According to the "Regulations on internship". An internship is a clinical internship. Therefore, the intern works (supervises, operates, participates in outpatient appointments, etc.) together with a clinical mentor, is on duty (at least 4 times a month), and participates in clinical examinations. At the end of each cycle (module) - a 2-stage exam (tests and practical). At the end of the training - state certification, which is carried out by the National Center for Independent Examination.
Can grant holders move from a regular university to a national one,?
They can, and during the transfer, the educational grant is preserved, only an additional payment of the difference is required.
Will there be working out of grants after the end of the internship?
- Yes, normative acts have been adopted, according to which students on educational grants must work them out within 3 years. The state grant is provided by the state, not by the university!
What are the areas of training in the internship?
- By the decision of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan, at the transitional stage from the old SES 2017 to the new SES 2019, an internship in the specialty "General Medicine" will be only in the direction of "GP". But there are electives. Therefore, within the framework of elective disciplines, the curriculum at KazNU named after al-Farabi includes training in all five areas - surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, therapy, GP and pediatrics. The direction of training must be indicated in the application for admission to the internship.
Will there be a field practice in other localities of the Republic of Kazakhstan?
- there will be no field practice in Kazakhstan. As part of the curriculum, a clinical internship is provided in the best clinics. For English-speaking patients, these may be foreign clinics with which there are signed memoranda (the university partially covers the costs in this case). The list of foreign partners can be found on the website (https://www.kaznu.kz/ru/20125/page/).