CBHE Joint Project 598317 SMARTCITY: Innovative Approach Towards a Master Program on Smart Cities Technologies SMRCITY
The project started on November 15, 2018.
During the project implementation period, the following main types of work were performed:
- Developed 2 main curricula for a two-degree educational program with the Greek University (International Hellenic University) on the basis of the Master's program of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University and the L.N. Gumilyov.
- Educational programs are approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and are included in the register of Education programs.
- Six Kazakhstani students were sent to study in Greece under the double diploma program.
- Six types of advanced training of teachers and administrative staff on the basis of European universities have been completed.
- The dissemination of experience (gained as part of continuing education at European universities) among colleagues of domestic universities through various seminars, webinars and meetings.
- Six textbooks on the disciplines of the educational programs of the project have been developed and published: “Data base”, “Networks”, “Programming”, “IoT”, “ICT management”, “Development of mobile application”.
- Two centers of competence (based on KazNU named after al-Farabi and ENU named after L.N. Gumilyov) on Smart-technologies were opened.
- The annual recruitment of undergraduates for a two-degree educational program with a Greek university;
- Two existing competence centers (based on KazNU named after al-Frabi and ENU named after L.N. Gumilyov) for Smart-technologies.
- Improving the procedure for developing double-degree educational programs based on a master's program.
- Development and implementation of a two-degree educational program with Germany and Latvia at the universities of Chemnitz Technical University and Riga Technical University.
- Dissemination of experience in the development and implementation of double degree programs with European universities.
- Launching advanced training courses in the areas of Smart technologies for citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.