History of the Institute of Health
The Health Research Institute was founded in July 2019 by the decision of the Academic Council of the al-Farabi Kazakh national University.
Subject, purpose and main objectives of the Health Research Institute
1. Subject of the Institute of Health are scientific research of a fundamental and applied nature.
2. Purpose of the Institute of Health is world-class research in the field of medicine, Public health, epidemiology, demography, health economics and other sciences for understanding the determinants of health in society.
3. Objectives of the Institute of Health are:
- Receipt and implementation of scientific projects, conducting high-quality, population-based, epidemiological multicenter studies with international collaborations and world scientific centers and institutes.
- Formation of an intellectual scientific institute of international importance, and the preparation of human scientific potential from among young scientists of Kazakhstan.
- Active implementation of modern principles and research methods in the educational and scientific process, corresponding to the challenges of modern times.
|Kairat Davletov - Director of the Institute of Health
WoS Researcher ID – S-1792-2016, H-index 23, citations -6,000+
Scopus Author ID: 6602803024, H-index 24, citations – 9,200+
Director, Health Research Institute, Al Farabi Kazakh National University, July 2019- present
Dean, School of Public Health, Management and Nursing, Head of Department of Epidemiology. Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University. September 2016 – June 2019.
Deputy Director in charge for strategic development, international relation and prevention, Republican Research Institute of Cardiology and Internal Diseases of Kazakhstan, Almaty, February 2013 – September 2016
Project Management Specialist, Health and Education Office, USAID/CAR, Almaty, Kazakhstan, January 2008- January 2013;
Institute of Public Health, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Free-lance consultant, 2007
American International Health Alliance, Regional Office for CAR, Program Coordinator, December 2004 – August 2006;
National Center for Healthy Lifestyle, Head, Division of medico-social and preventive programs, 1999 – 2002.
Ministry of Education, Culture and Healthcare, Republic of Kazakhstan, ADB Projects Implementation Unit, Project Manager, 1997- 1998
Russian Cardiological Research Center, Department of Angiology, Moscow, Russia, PHD Doctorate, 1990 - 1994.
Kazak Institute of Cardiology, Intensive Care Department, Medical Doctor, 1988-1990.
Kazak Institute of Cardiology, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Clinical Ordinator in Cardiology, 1986 – 1988.