BRIEF DEscriptION OF THE PROJECT
«SMARTCITY: Innovative approach to the master program on smart city technologies / SMRCITY»
The aim of the project is to develop an educational program for technical undergraduates, containing disciplines aimed at acquiring skills to develop and use elements of the "Smart City" (the implementation of this educational program should be carried out as part of a double-diploma education with one or more European universities). Opening on the basis of the Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, in particular, the training center on the use of smart city technologies (2021). Training of teaching staff of the Kazakh National University on the development and use of smart city technologies.
The project goal will be achieved by:
- Training KazNU employees foreign language (June-July, 2019).
- The organization of training smart city technologies in Austria for employees of KazNU (March-April 2019). Demonstration by Austrian University SmartUniversity.
- Training KazNU employees in teaching disciplines aimed at acquiring the skills to create "Smart Universities" (spring 2019).
- Development of teaching methods for the disciplines of an educational program aimed at nurturing specialists competent in the development and use of smart city technologies (2020).
- Development of a double-diploma educational program (EP) of a magistracy with a European university (2020). EP launch - in 2021.
- Opening on the basis of the Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, in particular, the training center on the use of smart city technologies (2021).
Countries participating in the project:
The European project coordinator is the Technical University of Sofia (Bulgaria).
European partners - Austria and Greece.
Partners: Russia (Saratov State University and Novosibirsk State University), Kazakhstan (KazNU and ENU), Mongolia (2 Mongolian universities).
- ALEXANDREIO TECHNOLOGIKO EKPAIDEITIKO IDRYMA THESSALONIKIS
- FACHHOCHSCHULE SALZBURG GMBH (acronym FHS) ASOCIATIA PENTRU TEHNOLOGIA INFORMATIEI SI COMUNICATII DIN ROM
- YURI GAGARIN STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF SARATOV
- NOVOSIBIRSK STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF MONGOLIA
- MONGOLIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- AL-FARABI KAZAKH NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- L.N. GUMILYOV EURASIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- KAZAKHSTAN ASSOCIATION OF ENGINEERING EDUCATION KAZSEE
- INTEC LLC
- RIGAS TEHNISKA UNIVERSITATE
The project will contribute to the training of highly qualified personnel in Russia, Kazakhstan and Mongolia in the use of SmartCity technologies; significantly increase the popularity of SmartCity research among students in these countries, increase the percentage of graduate employment; will launch the implementation of diploma programs; expand international cooperation, etc.
Smart City is an urban development concept that allows you to safely integrate multiple solutions in the field of mathematical modeling of technological systems, information and communication technologies (ICT), mathematical logic, digital technologies and the Internet (IoT) for managing city assets, which include information systems of local departments, schools, libraries, transport systems, hospitals, power plants, water supply networks, waste management, law enforcement, military services and other public services. The goal of building a smart city is to improve the quality of life by using urban information technology and technologies to improve the efficiency of services and meet the needs of residents. Examples of Smart City technologies and programs have been implemented in many cities of the EU. Most smart city concepts rely heavily on the use of innovative technology; technological Smart City is not only one concept, but there are various combinations of technological infrastructure that create the concept of a smart city: digital city, virtual city, information city, intelligent city, ubiquitous city.
The project corresponds with the principles of the Bologna Process, which aims to create a European space for higher education through a unified new degree system, the European quality dimension and the recognition of degrees and study periods abroad.
The implementation of the project in Al-Farabi Kazakh National University will take place on the basis of two faculties - the Mechanics and Mathematics and the IT Department.