Centre of Geographical Research and additional professional education
The Center for Geographical Research and Additional Professional Education is established on the basis of the decision of the University Academic Council on December 26, 2016 No. 4 as a structural subdivision by the Department of Geography, Land Management and Cadastre and carries out entrepreneurial activities on the basis of economic contracts without the formation of a legal entity.
Director of the Center - Dr.Geo.Sc., professor Nyussupova Gulnara Nurmukhamedovna
The objectives of the Center are:
- realization of the accumulated scientific and research potential of scientists, teaching staff and students of the department / faculty through the enter into the economic contracts with legal entities and individuals, business structures, industrial and other enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the implementation of scientific projects with foreign universities;
- improvement of professional skills of teachers of schools, teaching staff of universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan on geography areas and preparation of schoolchildren for the unified national testing and complex testing, competition of scientific works, republican and international Olympiads in geography.
The subject of the Center's activities is research / scientific and educational work, consulting and other types of services in the following main areas:
- advanced training of school teachers in geography;
- advancing the qualification of the teaching staff for geography of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- preparation of schoolchildren for republican and international Olympiads in geography;
- preparation of schoolchildren for UNT, CT on geography;
- supervising and examination of scientific projects of schoolchildren;
- execution of scientific projects with foreign universities;
- study on the Silk Road projects;
- study on sustainable development of Kazakhstan (solid household waste, socio-demographic development, land management).
To achieve the target, the following tasks must be solved:
- conducting webinars, seminars and international open online courses for school teachers in Kazakhstan;
- provision of educational and methodical complexes to teachers and schoolchildren in geography;
- organization of master classes, seminars for the teaching staff of the Republic of Kazakhstan on geography;
- training and preparation of schoolchildren for the republican and international Olympiads (solving complex geographic problems, organizing a field tour for schoolchildren, vocational training, etc.);
- organization of preparatory courses and individual training for schoolchildren in preparation for UNT, CT on geography;
- organization and examination of scientific projects of schoolchildren of Kazakhstan
- organization and coordination of research work of the teaching staff in cooperation with leading foreign universities, etc.
The list of services:
1) Organization an advanced training course for teachers of schools and university teachers staff "Actual problems in geography" (information letter)
2) Organization of the advanced training course "GIS and Geoinformatics" (information letter)
3) Organization of the international program "New economic geography: (content and methods of training on the course: geography. Advanced level)" in conjunction with the Department of Regional Economics and Geography of the Economics Department of the PFUR (Moscow, Russia) for the professional development of teachers of schools and university teachers (information mail)
4) Preparation of schoolchildren for UNT, CT, competition of scientific works, republican and international Olympiads on geography on the basis of contracts with general education schools, lyceums, gymnasiums, regional educational departments of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
TRAINING SEMINAR, ORGANIZED BY UNDP IN THE RK FOR SPECIALISTS