The history of Biological and Biotechnology faculty starts in 1934, with the foundation of the University. 22 students were trained, and two departments of Botany and Zoology functioned at the faculty at that time. In 1938 two more departments were opened: Plant Physiology and Human and Animal physiology; in 1948 Darwinism and Genetics, and Soil Science departments. During next years their number has increased; Hydrobiology and Ichthyology, Histology and Cytology, Microbiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Environmental Protection departments were opened. At present, there are 4 departments and more than 2400 students, undergraduates and PhD students study and work at the Faculty.
We are on the social networks