Al-Farabi and Modernity
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University conducts international contest «Al-Farabi and Modernity», dedicated to the 1150th anniversary of Abu Nasr al-Farabi. The mission is to create conditions for youth creativity, combining traditions with innovation, leadership and soft skills (critical thinking, mental flexibility, creativity, emotional and social intelligence, communication skills).
Purpose of the contest:
- creating conditions for the realization of the creative potential of Kazakhstan's youth and the formation of a culture of integrity based on the works of al-Farabi.
Aims of the contest:
- popularization and wide dissemination of al-Farabi's ideas among young people;
-promotion of youth research, development of creative abilities and public speaking skills of young people;
- development of philosophical culture and education of the young generation in the spirit of universal and humanistic values.
MAIN NOMINATIONS OF THE COMPETITION
- «Virtuous city» – the key to happiness today»
- «Al-Farabi and music theory»
- «Al-Farabi – the philosophy of happiness»
- «Al-Farabi's philosophy and integrity»
- «Al-Farabi and Abay: continuity of ideas»
- « Al-Farabi and the formation of science»
Condition of participation
To participate in the contest, you must complete WhatsApp registration between October 15, 2020 and October 30, 2020 with your full name, age, name of video performance categories and send a video clip of up to 5 minutes for the contest category to the number WhatsApp: +77475817489 (Bekenova Zhumagul).
Languages of the contest: Kazakh, Russian, English.
Contest participants are invited to complete a special contest task in the form of a video clip for one of the proposed categories of the contest.
Requirements for completing the task:
1. Introduction with mandatory designation of the main thesis (point of view, idea, argument) of the speaker;
2. Main part consisting of 2 blocks:
1.1. The strongest argument;
1.2. The contra argument and its refutation;
3. The final part of the speech with the speaker's conclusions.
Tasks must be completed by the participant personally and independently, without involving third parties and violating copyright laws;
Videos are posted on official accounts of department of philosophy: Instagram: @kaznu_kafedra_philosophy and the al-Farabi center Instagram: @farabicenter2020. The winner will be determined by the number of likes and comments. After October 30, 2020, taking into account the voting results, the jury summarizes the results of the competition.
Winners and prize-winners of the contest will be awarded with special diplomas, letters of thanks and prizes. Expenses related to participation in the contest are paid by the participants.
Address Of The Organizing Committee: Republic of Kazakhstan, Almaty, 050040 al-Farabi Ave., 71
Contact phone number: +77475817489 (Bekenova Zhumagul)
Instagram: @kaznu_kafedra_philosophy; @farabicenter2020