ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE CONTEST FOR THE AWARD OF THE EDUCATIONAL GRANT TO STUDY AT AL-FARABI KAZAKH NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE CONTEST FOR THE AWARD OF THE EDUCATIONAL GRANT TO STUDY
AT AL-FARABI KAZAKH NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in cooperation with the Office of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Kazakhstan announces the Contest for the award of an educational grant to obtain a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or Doctoral degree.
About the University
Al-Farabi KazNU is one of the leading institutions of the higher education system in the Republic of Kazakhstan and Central Asia, with rich traditions, long experience of educational and scientific work. Al-Farabi KazNU ranked 207th in the QS World University Rankings 2019/20 and has the status of the Global Hub of the UN Academic Impact (UNAI) Program. The university has 16 faculties, 67 departments, 32 research institutes and centers, and a technopark; there are more than 3,000 professors, doctors, candidates of science, and doctors of philosophy (Ph.D.). The university has more than 27,000 bachelor and master students studying in the multilevel system of higher professional education, more than 2000 of them are foreign students from 50 countries in all regions of the world. The university implements more than 100 dual degree programs with the best universities in the world. Detailed information is available on the official website of the University: https://www.kaznu.kz/ru/.
About the educational grant
Al-Farabi KazNU provides 2 applicants an opportunity to receive an educational grant for the whole learning period. Education is offered in three languages: Kazakh, Russian, and English. The educational grant does not provide for a monthly stipend. Choice of majors for bachelor, master and doctoral studies is not limited. Full information on faculties and available educational programs is available on the official website of the university: https://www.kaznu.kz/ru/162/page.
The order of the Contest
Applicants aged 16-29 at the moment of the Contest having an official refugee status in the Republic of Kazakhstan are eligible to participate:
- Completing upper secondary education in 2020 and with completed upper secondary education (11 grades);
- Completing secondary vocational education in 2020 and with completed secondary vocational education (college, technical college);
- Completing full higher education in 2020 and with completed full higher education (bachelor 's degree) for admission to a master 's degree program;
- Completing a master 's degree in 2020 and with a completed master 's degree for admission to a doctoral program.
The Contest is conducted in 2 stages:
Stage 1 – writing an essay "Why I want to study at the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University and how the education I will obtain will change my life."
Essay languages: Kazakh, Russian, English. Structure of the essay: introduction, main part, conclusion.
Total Volume 1000-1500 Words, Times New Roman, 14.
The essays must be written by the Applicant and will be checked for plagiarism!
Application period: from 1 May to 1 June 2020. Submissions after June 1, 2020 will not be allowed to participate in the Contest.
Stage 2 - interview with the Admission Committee.
Interview period: from 15 June to 30 June 2020.
ü Academic excellence, academic and sport achievement and achievements in social activities;
ü Essay evaluation;
ü Results of the interview.
How to participate in the Contest
1. Register on the Al-Farabi KazNU portal http://foreign.kaznu.kz/ru/main/reg and access the online profile in the section "Online Registration" of your personal account. In your personal account, fill in the application form, choosing a major.
2. Before 23:59 (Nur-Sultan time) on 1 June 2020, send the Essay, a copy of identity document, a copy of diploma/certificate (if available), a transcript of the diploma/certificate (if available), certificates/diplomas of achievement (if available) and contact details to the e-mail: email@example.com, with the subject line: "Participation in the Contest."
3. In case you have successfully passed the 1 stage, you will be invited to the 2 stage - interview with the Admission Committee (the possibility of an online interview is provided). If an applicant wishes, the interview will be conducted in Kazakh, Russian, or English.
4. The results of the contest will be announced no later than 27 August 2020. Successful Applicants who pass the 2nd stage and win the Contest will be notified by the contact details indicted in the application.
Dear applicant! Participate in the Contest and win a unique opportunity to get a specialty and a prestigious profession. We are waiting for you!