Educational work of the Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science
The purpose of the educational work is to develop students' competencies in the chosen field of study (specialities) citizenship, ability to work and live in conditions of modern civilization, as well as develop their self-reliance, initiative and creativity.
Meeting of the Rector of the Kazakh National University named after al-Farabi and academician B.T. Zhumagulov with student activists.
At the Faculty of Educational work is carried out according to approved work plans of the University, Dean, Academic Council of the Faculty and so on. At the 7 departments the plans of educational work of the departments, approved by head of departments and by deputy dean on educational work. The 56 advisors’ work is coordinated by Vice-Dean of the faculty (of teaching methods and educational work) through the senior faculty advisors and senior advisors of the departments.
Students and teachers of the Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science
Achievements in the educational work should be considered:
1. In general, the activities of the faculty leadership is focused on the transition from disparate educational activities to create an active, organized by the spirit in the team, the harmonization of professional and educational relationships. Educational work is carried out using various forms of activities related to developing areas of training and organizational and educational spheres. This is, first and foremost, the traditional forms used almost everywhere - holiday parties, conversations, meetings, contests, etc. And participation in a University, faculty, interdepartmental, cathedral-level, as well as educational work in the dorms.
2. Improvement of Institute of advising. Activities of advisors focused on the formation of a harmoniously developed, active, creative personality, instilling in students professional, socially important traits. This is evidenced by ongoing advisors cultural events entrusted groups, systematic edvisers’ classes on duty in the dorms, etc.
3. Increased level of activities. All events take place involving the media, or are reflected in the news sections of Kazinform, site faculty, in newspaper articles. At the same time significantly increase the work in terms of image policy. Serve as proof of the number of media appearances and newspaper articles and staff of the faculty.
4. Students and teachers of the faculty actively participate in all mass cultural and sports events held in the university and faculty. Students differ in involvement in the socio-political and cultural life. Many are involved in work of debate clubs, youth organizations, working in government and political organizations. At the Faculty of successfully operating students’ Club "Politician". Organized by the Student Press Club. Successfully introduced a tradition of volunteerism in helping children from orphanages.
5. Students and faculty members annually participate in the Olympics, compete in chess, football, volleyball, tennis, bike ride, etc.
Team of gay and quick club the of Philosophy and Political Science
"Students Spring” 2009
In the long term development of educational work is seen in the following areas:
- further development of student self-government by the organizational coherence of the departments and public organizations to implement programs (concept) education;
- organization of student summer employment through an employment;
- implementing a system of social protection of students, taking into account the creation of conditions of high culture and leisure life, conservation and law enforcement in the dormitory;
- improvement works to establish close links with parents of students by writing letters of appreciation, to inform about the achievements and problems of their children;
- to strengthen the implementation of new educational technologies through the establishment of the Center for Education in Higher Education (based on the Department of Pedagogy and Psychology);
- creation of monitoring laboratory at the Department of Sociology;
- creation of a psychological counseling;
- carrying out systematic work to implement the concept of image policy of the University.