Department of «Finance» was formed in April 2001 with the purpose of training specialists with higher education with relevant international standards in two specialties: "Finance and credit" and "Accounting & Audit." Head of department was appointed as the candidate of economic sciences, docent Yermekbayeva Bayan Zhundibaevna.
At present, the head of department is a candidate of economic science, docent Arzaeva Maya Zhetkergenovna.
The Department is a graduating one, which prepares competitive capable, highly skilled professionals in finance.
Graduates of the Department of finance, in accordance with the education they have received, may occupy the following positions:
• Chief and Chief Operating Officer;
• Finance specialist;
• the Chief Financial Officer;
• Business Manager;
• financial analyst;
• specialist in foreign economic activity;
• specialist in Government the Republican, regional and local level;
• Bank specialist;
• Exchange specialist;
• specialist in financial and insurance companies, investment funds;
• specialist in the Ministry of finance;
• specialist in the National Bank of Kazakhstan;
• specialist in non-State pension funds;
• specialist in organs of Treasury, financial departments and divisions with the Akimat of different levels;
• specialist in financial services businesses and organizations of all patterns of ownership, i.e. in posts of higher professional education.
Department, using foreign and domestic experience, has contributed to the training of professionals on high professional level.