The Chemical faculty which was founded in September 1934 was a pioneer of chemical education and chemical science in Kazakhstan. At present the faculty is the leader of the field in Kazakhstan.
The faculty is affiliated with the Scientific Research Institute of New Chemical Technologies and Materials, the Centre of Physical and Chemical Methods of Analysis and the Institute of Combustion Problems. These scientific research facilities host students for their professional practice, assist in writing final degree theses and employ programme graduates. Educational process and research work is also supported by the following department divisions: 1) Educational Laboratory of Computing Methods in Chemistry; 2) Laboratory of Physical and Chemical Methods of Research; 3) Department of Technical Service.