Candidate (Ph.D) of Chemical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Chemical Physics and Macromolecular Chemistry, Laureate of the State Youth Prize «Daryn»
Yerdos Ongarbayev was born on May 9th, 1976 in Ordabasy district of the South Kazakhstan region.
He graduated Chemical faculty of the Al-Farabi Kazakh State University with Bachelor (1996) and Master (1998) degrees on a speciality «Chemistry».
In 2001 he defended the dissertation on a theme «Physico-chemical Transformations in Oil Wastes and Development of the Methods of their Utilization» on competition of a scientific degree of Candidate of Chemical Sciences on specialities «02.00.13 - Petrochemistry» and «01.04.17 - Chemical Physics, including Physics of Combustion and Explosion».
In 2005 an academic title of Associate Professor is conferred.
1998 - Leading engineer of the Department of Scientific and Technical Information of the Al-Farabi Kazakh State University.
1998-2003 - post-graduate student, assistant, senior teacher of the Department of the Chemical Physics of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
From 2003 - associate professor of the Department of Chemical Physics and Macromolecular Chemistry of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University.
He reads lectures on disciplines: «Chemical physics», «Bases of chemical physics», «Physical methods of research in chemistry», «Safety of industrial processes», «Fuels and reduction of their combustibility», etc.
One of the authors of typical programs on disciplines: «Chemical physics», «Physical methods of research in chemistry», «Materials», «Bases of production safety».
The author of 3 educational books and 7 methodical supplies:
1. Ongarbayev Ye.K. Processing of Natural and Oil Gases. - Almaty: Kazakh university, 2003. - 70 p. (in Kazakh).
2. Ongarbayev Ye.K. Tasks and Exercises on Physical Methods of Research. - Almaty: Kazakh university, 2003. - 52 p. (in Kazakh).
3. Mansurov Z.A., Ongarbayev Ye.K. Chemical Physics. - Almaty: Kazakh university, 2007. - 170 p. (in Kazakh).
The area of scientific researches is connected with the decision of problems of heavy crude oil and oil rests processing, utilization of oil wastes and production of oil bitumen.
In 2001 together with employees of the Institute of Combustion Problems he spent test of installation on production of asphalt concrete mixes from oil wastes on Ozen deposit. In 2006 he passed scientific training at Western Michigan University of USA.
He published 1 monography (scientific book), more than 30 articles and 50 materials and abstracts of conferences, has 3 preliminary patents of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In 1997 his final thesis on a theme «ESR spectroscopy investigation of soot particles at low temperature combustion of propane with addition of benzene» is awarded by the diploma of the Ministry of Science-Academy of Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan as the best scientific student's work.
In 2002 he awarded by State Youth Prize «Daryn» of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan for scientific work «Physico-chemical transformations in oil wastes and development of the methods of their utilization».
In 2000-2001, 2004-2005, 2008-2010 he is the owner of the state scientific scholarship for talented young scientists of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In 2006 he was the owner of the state grant «Best teacher of high school».
In 2009 he is the owner of the grant of the Foundation of First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on carrying out of scientific research on a theme «Oxidation and modification of oil rests for production of bitumen».
Some scientific papers:
1. Ongarbayev E.K., Mansurov Z.A. Oil Wastes and the Methods of their Utilization. - Almaty: Kazakh university, 2003. - 160 p. (in Russian).
2. Mansurov Z.A., Ongarbaev E.K., Tutkabaeva T.T. The Paramagnetism of Soot Particles in Propane-Oxygen Flames // Combustion and Flame, 1999. - V. 118. - P. 741-743.
3. Mansurov Z.A., Ongarbaev E.K., Tuleutaev B.K. Contamination of soil by crude oil and drilling muds. Use of wastes by production of road construction materials // Chemistry and Technology of Fuels and Oils, 2001. - Vol. 37, 6. - P. 441-443.
4. Ongarbayev Ye., Mansurov Z. Study of composition and properties of oil pollution // In the Book: Impact of Pollution on Animal Products. Eds: B. Faye and Y. Sinyavskiy. Springer, 2008. - P. 3-12.
5. Doszhanov Y.O., Ongarbaev Y.K., Hofrichter M., Zhubanova A.A., Mansurov Z.A. Biodegradation of diesel fuels by two bacterial species of the genus Pseudomonas // ACC Journal "Scientific Treatises". - 2008. - V. XIV. - P. 50-56.