Educational and methodical work of the chair of diplomatic relations
Educational and methodical work of the chair is organized in the following areas: comprehensive and methodical providing of training; innovative forms and methods of teaching, the production of teaching aids, independent student’s work, professional practice and professional development of teaching staff. On the basis of educational and methodical plan of the chair of the diplomatic translation the teaching staff develops the educational-methodical complexes and syllabus of the approved disciplines. The chair works out at the methodical plans, lectures, seminars and self work of students to increase knowledge.
The chair consists of 46 teachers, including 1 professor, 12 associate professors, 10 of them candidates of sciences, 28 senior teachers and 5 teachers.
Educational and methodical work of the chair is conducted in the following areas:
1. The plan of State Educational Standards on discipline "Foreign Language" for the newly introduced specialties (Professor Baytukayeva A.Sh.)
2. Development of new model programs on specialties (Baytukayeva A.Sh., Makisheva M.K., Kotieva L.M., Duyseeva L.A., Dzhamaldinova M.T., Manabayeva Zh.D.)
3. Preparation of guidelines for the interactive methods of teaching of the foreign languages.
4. Working- out at the mid-term and final tests to control the students' knowledge of foreign languages.
5. Working- out at grammatical aids for the independent student’s work.
6. Work out at collection of exercises for oral topics to develop skills of oral speech.
7. Working- out at the teaching aids to develop skills in reading literature on specialty.
8. Preparation of guidelines for listening comprehension.
9. Development of guidelines for the organization of independent work of the students and set-up the educational process with the using of Internet and multimedia technologies.
Educational-methodical documentation department is discussed and adopted at the meetings of the chair, at a meeting of the Academic Council of the Faculty. The catalogue of specialties is on the discipline of the "Foreign Language" was drawn up. (Professor Baytukayeva A.Sh.) Each teacher has EMCD, syllabus for each training group and the requirements for the exams and materials approved at the meetings of the chair and methodical bureau.
Each year the students of the first course during the orientation week pass through the test to determine the level of their knowledge of English and according to the results of test they are respectively divided to groups A, B, C, and D. The scale of evaluation of the level of knowledge was drawn- up by Professor Baytukayeva A.Sh. and associate professor Makisheva M.K.
All examinations of bachelor’s degree and master’s degree are conducted in writing form. According to the concept of the subject Olympiads Al-Farabi the teachers of the chair have developed an annual test tasks for the competition in the schools of the region .under the guidance of the head of the chair Baytukaeva A.Sh. (English- Bimagambetova Zh.T., Karipbayeva G.A., Sarbayeva R.E., German- Kotiyeva L.M., French- Manabayeva Zh.D.)
At chair meetings teachers share their experience, make reports of new approaches of teaching foreign languages, and discuss the quality of the developed tests.
In order to control the quality of teaching there is a practice of the intervisitation, a time-table of open classes has scheduled which are discussed and analyzed and the appropriate notes are made in the journal of intervisitation.
The active methods. Development and implementation of the learning process are the priorities of the chair. The active methods allow students to develop creative thinking, improve their communication skills. Teachers successfully master the technology and methodology of "critical thinking", "Seven Steps to Critical Thinking", “Project work with students” the results of such as work are: an essay, interview, role play and etc.. Above mentioned types of work are made through the using of technical aids, means of visual aids, audio-video equipment. The used teaching materials are authentic, relevant and contribute to the motivation of learning because the subject is closely associated with specialization.